View Single Post
Me like track days

As a retailer of Pagids with experience fitting the right pad to the right person/car/desires/usage:

If you truly consider your car a true track car - as stated in your signature - you really ought to switch out pads for street/track use.

Personally I think the Pagid Yellows, aka RS19, are the best track pad you can buy. I use them on my car, on my 'Big Blacks'. They last quite a long time, cost a bundle, can squeal horrendously on the street (or not at all - we're talking multiple personality pads with regards to noise), and are tough as nails. Dust is decent as Bill mentions.
As you may have read, Bill uses them too.

The Oranges, again as Bill said, are great dual purpose pads, usually don't make much noise (but a few have have had a lot),
are decently priced, and with your HUGE Big Reds they are a good choice. You might get these. The PO used them and used them hard. They become a better and better trackable choice the larger the caliper/disc is.

Pad deposition with oranges is a real problem -- but this happens 99% of the time on the smaller braked cars - almost always SCs and to a lesser extent Carreras which are driven very hard on track.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)