View Single Post

Kokeln intercooler and dangling hose

My '79 930 currently has various minor engine problems, but I wondered if anyone here knows anything about replacing the stock intercooler with a Kokeln intercooler.

The previous owner installed a Kokeln KI100 intercooler and one of the connections seems funky. The hose that originally came from the turbo oil pan to the intercooler was disconnected from the intercooler, and the Kokeln intercooler doesn't have a connection for this hose. So the previous owner just let it sit open in the engine compartment. This seems strange since it would seem to allow dirty air to enter the oil through the turbo oil pan.

Is there some reason that Kokeln left off this connection in their KI100 intercooler? Should I plug the hose with something to prevent outside air entering the turbo oil pan?

Also, as a side note, should the engine idle change when removing the oil cap on a 930? I've heard that this is true of standard 911s, but don't know about 930s. If it is true, I'm wondering if this open hose is relieving the pressure because my engine idle does not change when I remove the oil cap. Any thoughts?

Also, if anyone happens to have an instruction guide for replacing the stock intercooler with a Kokeln KI100 intercooler, I'd sure like to see it.

Doug

"My destiny's ta' get the hell outa here."
Henry Fonda - My Name is Nobody
Old 02-07-2007, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)