View Single Post

Garage
86 930 intake CIS system with a Euro fuel distributor that I am using on a modified 79 SC 3.0 engine with the 91 3.3 pistons and cylinders, twin plugged. Should I hook it up venting to atmosphere or to the intake before the throttle body.

Brian I appreciate your suggestions.

I think I am talking about the AAR and it is the same valve that you have responded about on threads I have searched in the 911 forums. In the PET manuel it is described as an AAR in your factory manuel I guess it is described as an AAV.

Quote- RarlyL8 "stand by my comments.
The red guy in your picture is an AAV according to my Porsche factory shop manual. As I said before the names are transposed on many schematics. They are all Auxiliary Air "Devices". Physically the two devices are very different so it is not so hard to describe them and make someone understand which part you are referring to."

"Pix are worth a thousand words. I agree with the reasoning behind calling something a "valve" vs a "regulator". I will now call this device with the metal gate and electrical hookup an AAR, even though it does a piss poor job of regulating."

AAV Testing?

AAR Revisited

914 6 Turbo twinplug 3.12
87 924S
Lexus SC400
Lexus LS400
Old 02-09-2007, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)