View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I have seen the in-car picture before but did not realize you were using CIS. Very innovative and nice job. I love it when folks do this kind of stuff.

No doubt in my mind about it - ditch the AAR. You do not need it in your application. The hand throttle will suffice and the plumbing nightmare goes away.

I assume you know that the header tube length is going to hurt you and you chose a good turbo to compensate. The distance from the air metering plate to the turbo inlet and back to the throttle body will likely sponge your throttle response a bit as well. Low tranny gears? Problem solved! Is that a 915 from a 914?

What is the 7th injector for? Boost enrichment? The stock 930 intake was not designed to handle fuel in that manner. The fuel tends to puddle and a couple of cylinders run leaner than the rest. If you are shooting for under 400RWHP fuel enrichment would not be needed, further simplifying your engine.

I am not picking at your project, just thinking out loud about my past experiences and research concerning these issues.

That is gonna be one fun ride when you're finished!

PS - nice air cleaner by the way. Ha!

Last edited by RarlyL8; 02-09-2007 at 04:58 PM..
Old 02-09-2007, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)