View Single Post

Garage
I have not really experianced any considerable turbo lag with the K27, if you look at Clewetts setup he has the same type long exhaust runs.

http://www.clewett.com/

I havent run the engine using the stock diameter heat exchangers but it should help it to spool up faster.
The car is light enough and I am running short gears with LSD in a 901 transmission with a cooler. I can assure you this car scoots even off boost! The tranny will be the weak link but by rolling on the throttle and avoiding power shifts it should hold up ok.
I was using a 7th injector with the SC intake but thought it would be nice to have it there if it is needed on hot days or high boost. I inject it about 6" before the throttle body so it gets full atomozation before it reaches the manifold. It will be mostly used as a safety devise if needed to keep the ar's rich.
I put this project together not trying to build the ultimate highest tech HP engine or fastest car on the road I was just out to build a 914 turbo Carrera because Porsche didnt and I thought it would fun.
Maybe when I get bored I will go the way of EFI but for now I hope to enjoy it as it is.

914 6 Turbo twinplug 3.12
87 924S
Lexus SC400
Lexus LS400
Old 02-09-2007, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)