View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
This is a known problem with the GHL's. The problem is the design of the wastegate circuit. The diameter of the pipe from the flange to the wastegate is too small. The pipe can not bleed off sufficient gases to trim the boost levels. You can lower the spring setting on the wastegate to prevent the overshoot condition, but keep in mind the wastegate valve will start creeping open sooner too. I think the best solution is to use the Tial wastegate with a modified wastegate pipe. The Tial is compact enough that you can mount it closer to the turbo flange.
Also, are you using the factory boost gauge? These are not as accurate as the models that go into the clock housing....larger sweep area.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 02-10-2007 at 07:29 AM..
Old 02-10-2007, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)