View Single Post

Lew, I recently relocated to Sorrento - a few miles north of Orlando near Mt. Dora. I was located just down the road from Kieth's when our cars were in for paint. I'm all for saving a few bucks, I still doubt the exhaust is the culpret. GHL would have addressed this by now if that were the case. Also, your engine - and mine - are 10% smaller in displacement than what that system was designed for. If someone experienced insufficient bypass volume, chances are it was a monster motor consuming huge quantities of air. That's not likely on a stock 3.0. One other thing to consider, there is a 1.2 bar spring out there - is it possible you received a mis-pick when ordered? Does it level off right at 1.2? Has your factory over-boost fuel pump kill been disabled? It activates at approximately 1.0 -1.1. I had to disable mine because it would shut the pumps off momentarily @ full boost which created a very unsettling kaboom when the driveline goes slack. I have a fuel delivery problem that I am currently battling, if I had another like example to test, I'd learn alot more about my car. I'm not opposed to loaning you my wastegate for a quick test to at least identify or eliminate it as a possibility on your car. Maybe we could plan a test & tune day somewhere convenient for both of us. I'm reluctant to begin replacing fuel pumps without knowing for sure which one is bad ( save a few bucks) I just need to make some system pressure checks on a similar car. I have the proper tools. Tracy
Past rides: '74 914 1.9 liter twin plugged track car, '83 928S, '87 924S, '75 911S w '78 ROW 3.0, '72 911T, '70 911T and various other insignificant domestic examples. Happiness is a grey tailpipe! Turbo lag......it's worth the wait!
Old 02-11-2007, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)