Thread: 930 shifter
View Single Post

Garage
I have nice 580rwhp / +600rwNm with 1.1bar boost in my street legal FIA-spec car. (see 'www' button below)
Last summer I got 13000km full since everything rebuild (exept gear box). Ex- owner, a good racer fellow of mine, had the car driven about 50t km alltogether with the same engine (with 0,6bar and 480hp in it). One day on the track just when leaving the pits for a fast lap, coudn't get any gear in any more...

Now it is rebuild with all new syncros (I didn't loose them, because I shift down always only with douple clutch shifting and balancing the speed differences with the gas pedal).
I know his way to drive and even if it is said 4-gear 930 box is safe and strong, they do wear under certain circumstances.

I'm building the shifting system not because of having some problem with the shifting, but to get the stick more near the wheel and to make all movements very short to be faster (especially in the fast corners in the track) to get both hands to the steering wheel.
When passing fast corners (for instance in Nürburgring or Spa-Francorchamps) with semi-slicks, downforce diffusor bottom plate you really like to have both hands in the wheel if you find it bumpy...

You were right Craig911 when asking the use where one would use his car.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)