View Single Post

Question Oil Pooling in Turbo

Have had starting issue with my 930 track car. It did die at idle and then refused to start back up. There was smoke when turning over before she finally fired and I drove her home (no smoking). She then died again and has not started since. I had started to the one of the CDI's could be bad

But now I came in today to find oil pool under the Turbo. When I pulled the lower hose oil ran out! Pulled the upper hose to the intercooler to look down into the Turbo and the turbo is full of oil? I did change the oil a few weeks ago but filled with the temp up. She does have a RSR front cooler and I cannot be certain the reg had opened. However, she had been cranking running without issue prior to taking her out to some back roads the other day.

Oil level does not seem to be too high and I checked the cyl and plugs and they are clean.

Turbo is farly new and the shaft seems to be tight so I am confused as to how oil got in the turbo?

Read these posts and reviewed problem with guy who knows the car but still puzzled.

I guess I will have to pull the Turbo to clean the oil out but best route or suggestions re how-what-where it got in.

Any experience or help with greatly appreciated.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)