View Single Post
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Quote:
I installed those two little goodies after replacing the warn out 3ldz with a K27 with 1 bar spring and upgrading to a GHL exhaust. The internals are 3.0 and just rebuilt (maybe 30 miles). the problem I have is over boost. I am hitting 1.2 bar almost immediately. I tested this with a manual gauge sitting on my lap. I was told to install the .8 bar spring but I dont think thatg will sove my problem. I think the waste gate will still open before I hit wide open throttle.
Lewis, spring numbers aside, you installed a heavier spring in your wastegate and you are now experiencing higher boost than desired. Perhaps reverting back to your stock wastegate spring will reduce your over-boost problem. Also, it appears from the last two sentences of your first post, that you may be unclear on how the wastegate functions. In order to reduce the amount of boost you are getting, you need a spring which *will open* at lower load levels.

Can you confirm that your friend who helped rebuild your wastegate did not put a plug in the threaded vent hole on the top of the aluminum wastegate cap. This must be vented to atmosphere. If plugged, this could cause the type of symptoms you have.

Hope this helps.
Jim
Old 02-22-2007, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)