View Single Post

Sound advice and opinions above.

However, if you are like me, and don't do much of the maintenance or troubleshooting and fixing yourself, the key is to have a shop close by that really knows these cars. I had an issue with my ignition box right after I had purchased my car. Since I did not know any better, I took the car back to the dealer, who as it turns out had no clue either and had me get a new WUR to replace a perfectly good one (as it turned out when B. Leask checked it out) and did some analysis until paralysis for which they charged me close to $2,500. Another outfit fixed my original problem but caused another one down the road. To cut a long story short, I have discovered a rock solid Porsche shop in my area that now does all my work. The co-owner has been building Porsche engines for the last 28 years and I no longer have to worry about questionable workmanship.

So, my point is: Availability of unquestionable knowledge, solid skills and experience in maintaining these cars is really important. If this is not available, it can get expensive.

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51
Old 02-23-2007, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)