View Single Post

Garage
No actually he isnt..He was just someone I asked about AFR. You would think he would not have answered the question that way for any reason. Competently monitoring AFR on an expensive turbochargered engine couldnt be bad idea for any reason. Again I understand the techno part but havnt heard if it is accurate enough to accomplish the tasks I fore mentioned in my original thread. As Craig said and I think he would agree that a serious of testpoints or indicators in a system are always better than one. I'm picking your brains because I can spend alot of money and put in the best AFR, EGT, Boost gages but is it really important. Case scenerio: In the event my fuel filter is slightly clogged (Bad Gas) and my fuel pressure drops the CIS O2 sensor can detect that in the oxygen content in my exhaust and compensate?????? Of do I get flow through pistons. jokingly The last New Years run with Pelican was fun ...anyone who was there knows how we all were on it racing around the city where it was actually alittle out of control. Had I been running lean with that ferrari Modena on my arse I could have had some problems. He wanted me and I wasnt going to let him have it...

Anyway- I hope that someone will tell me definently 'Yes" because... or "No" dont waist your money ...Not necessary..

Oh by the way..I'm my mechanic..I worked for Lees German Car repair in LA in late 70's and early 80's when I went to college. I got the bugs and 356's and NA 911's but the boss didnt turn over the 930's to me at 20 years old....Dont blame him... Been building VW engines for sand rails since...in my off time..

Thanks
Bob
Old 02-23-2007, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)