OK guys, I was going to do a simple bolt-on turbo conversion on my 3.2 Carrera, but am now thinking I might go down the rebuild path so I can run more boost.
Car will be mainly street, but also monthly track events.
After a LOT of reading and thinking, this is what I'm considering, so please feel free to throw in your advice/experiences as it would be much appreciated:
- ARP head/rod fasteners
- bore out my 95mm jugs to 98mm & replate in Nikasil
- slip in forged JE's with 7.5:1 C/R
- Nerosist cylinders and heads for aluminium sealing ring to handle big boost
- twin plug & port/polish the heads
- bigger piston squirters
- 930 turbo oil pump
- 993 crank to stroke it to 3.5L
- extrude hone Carrera intake for even flow across runners
- GT2 CAMs
- racing valve springs
- titanium retainers
- new turbo spec valve guides
- full bay 28" x 12" x 4" tube&fin intercooler
- modified OBX 321 s/steel headers with a Burns T4 collector & larger wastegate pipe for 60mm TiAL w/gate
- custom Borla XR1 muffler (v-band, single 4" in/outlet)
- Garrett GT40R ball-bearing turbo (maybe 0.95 or 1.06 A/R?). I'm thinking a stroked 3.5L with GT2 CAMs shouldn't be too lazy for this size turbo?
- undecided as yet. Maybe Protomotive MAP ECU for ease, or an Autronic aftermarket system.
- I've heard good things about the KEP G50 HD kit.