View Single Post
Me like track days

Less heat? Probably more.

But realistically, it totally depends on what he ultimately plans to do with the car. Street bursts are normally not going to dictate a larger intercooler.

Tell you what: Next sunny day (ha, won't be for about a week it looks like) I'll run a test.
Video camera on the IC outlet gauge in my car. Will show the outlet temperature along with the rise in temperature when I do a full boost romp. Max fuel, max power - all 438 RWHP in action.
From 20-30 up to perhaps 80 or 90 mph. And probably more power - and heat generated - than Rob's car, to be honest.

The RUF IC in my car *is* larger than stock - however, the boost is .9 bar, and everything on the car is totally optimized for power.
So the heat levels will be just about maxed out vs. Robert's car - thus the valid comparison. And yet another reason Rob needs to check and test his fuel - and ignition system before he bolts on all the stuff. Not doing so can mean some serious destructive potential.

You will be surprised at the heat rise - it isn't all that much.
You just simply cannot run the car that hard on the street to get the IC in the 'too hot' range.

Now.....if you do runs in 90-100 degrees, up a very long grade, running crap gas....lack of fuel......ignition timing f'd up......another story.

Depends on what Robert wants to do with his car.
Rober, if your car will ever see a track day and you have a K27 turbocharger. headers, all systems A1 - you had better have a larger IC there in California.

Last edited by Craig 930 RS; 02-24-2007 at 01:44 PM..
Old 02-24-2007, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)