View Single Post
Me like track days

I stand corected on the K26 heat!

Kevin explains it fully in his reply:
> When you have a smaller compressor wheel to make higher boost levels you have to speed up the rotating assy. When the wheel is spinning faster more heat is generated when you compress the air. A larger wheel is spinning slower and makes more boost.. The K26 was designed to make .7 bar.. If you spin up the wheel to make 1bar.. More heat is generated than a larger slower wheel.

> Then you have to look at the design and shape of the wheel or ability to generate boost. The efficiency takes into account the heat that is generated. A 80% wheel generated less heat than a 70% wheel. The K26 wheel is a dog compared to the higher efficient HF wheels.
---------
Regarding intercoolers: As a reference - In the words of Stepehen Kaspar, intercoolers do not add HP, they prevent the loss of HP. IF you are using an IC for street use only, a larger intercooler may very well never be necessary.

The temps normally don't rise enough with any possible street run to justify it. Like I said, I'll run an objective post-IC temp test in a week or so. I just have never seen temps rise much at all - ever - on the street. Hang tight, we'll take a look.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)