View Single Post

David,

I'm glad to hear that it's running and getting tuned. I think you'll see some big increases as you bring the boost up. I saw a 100 ft-lb increase in torque from 0.9 to 1.2 bar. I realize you may not go that high with boost, but the relative change may be similar. Any reason not to tune it for slightly higher boost? It sounds like you've built it to handle at least 1.2 bar. You might want to go with race fuel, though, if you go above 1 bar. In fact, you might want to have a map for race fuel anyway which will allow you to optimize the timing for more power.

I'll be interested in your duty cycle with those injectors. I have the same injectors, but I think I had my fuel pressure closer to 44 psi. At the higher boost levels, I'm getting over 85% duty cycle. My tuner was not concerned about it, but it has me wondering. To improve it, I may have to increase the fuel pressure (or change to larger injectors, which I'd rather not do at this point). If you find yourself edging up on duty cycle, it would probably be good to raise the fuel pressure now so you don't have to re-tune later.

Rob
Old 02-26-2007, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)