Thread: 930 shifter
View Single Post

The WEVO looks nice. But, in the end, you've still got the same sort of reach you have with the 930 shifter. If that's what you desire, with the "notchy" controlled feel that the WEVO provides, then the WEVO is for you.

If you are running your car hard, or are tall, and want the shifter in a very easy to reach configuration, with a good solid feel for when it goes in gear, then the Hargett is a great option.

Both are valid. It just depends on which one you want. The new design that Hargett has looks great, and the WEVO looks great, so from an aesthetics standpoint, either one will fit the bill.

It all depends on what you want. With the way I sit in my seat (I'm 5'8 - 5' 9) the Hargett offers a near perfect placement for me. And when I push or pull it into gear, I know it. Its a very "direct" feeling.

As far as install, the Hargett takes about 15 minutes I'd say, then you "dial it in", mainly to position it the way you want it. As far as aligning it and getting it working, 15 minutes though.

I've had mine for close to 2 years now, and mine I believe was actually one of the proto-types, that was shipped back and forth across the country several times in order to make changes to get it right.

Nobody's right, nobody's wrong here. It is simply what you prefer. In the end, "its a shifter!". And one meets one set of goals, the other meets a different set.

For racing, I'd go Hargett (but that's me).
I think A930Rocket would say the same.

Brian
My Track Videos
TEC3 EFI Conversion on 1983 930
Old 02-27-2007, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)