Thread: 930 shifter
View Single Post
Me like track days

Good points, yet let me add a few things:

A friend in OR installed one in his 4 speed 930, and the reach is moved further back. But *not* as much as a Hargett.

The WEVO in my G50 is considerably further towards the rear, plus the shift lever cage is adjusable via the 3 slots

to allow fore & aft adjsutments, thereby making the shifter reside further in either direction..

It is definitely more notchy, as the travel has lessened.
It truly only shifts really well when absolutely fully warm, whereas before it shifted decently when cold.

G50 specific:
What amazed me about the WEVO is even though the literature describes the G50 shifter as NOT
having a centering mechanism as the 915 shifters do, the WEVO is much more centered than the stock lever.
And the stock lever busings were in great shape. I suppose I could figure out why if I removed the WEVO and reinstalled the stock,
but it was a very tight fit and took some working and cutting of the collar bushing to make it even go in...so I won't be doing that anytime again soon.

The Hargett configuration looks great from the aspect that I want a tall lever - I am making my 930 have the seat height,
rough shift lever location, and steering wheel location of a Cup car. I need to get the extension from WEVO to accomplish this.

Preference is totally the key - you got it Brian.
If you can get time in cars that have both (I did, I was fortunate) then you are all set to make your own decision.
I prefered the WEVO for it's simpler looks and the feel I liked.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)