View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by beepbeep
I'll chime in here.

I find LM1 more useful as it's a proper logging tool that can be used to map EFI or troubleshoot CIS.

Interactive displays are nice and all but in reallity, you don't want to look at anything else but the road when you gun it. It's much safer/easier to log everything into a box and then sit down and check the numbers. Also, I find interactive displays somewhat obsolete as they'll always display same numbers as long as fueling works as it should.

LM1 is boxy and isn't really suited for rigid installation but it's a real useful tool (especially when used together with AuxBox) in real world. Once your fueling is OK, you can remove it and just drive the car.

Just my 5c.
I'll add my 2 cents too

I definitely agreed that logging data then look at it is the way to go; though I also have a idiot LED one that basically shows red/green just in case. I really don't have time to analyze if I'm 10:1, 12:1 or 13:1 on track

As far as LM1 not rigid enough - I relocated it to an anodized aluminum enclosure and mount it with my ECU as a permanent install. Now I can even see the AFR if I reaaaalllllyyyy want to. No pics though
Old 02-28-2007, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)