View Single Post
Me like track days

I truly hope this helps people here. I've been through most of this stuff and don't mind taking time to share it.
Brian Leask REALLY knows his stuff. The manuals he sends with the adj. WUR/RPM switch are incredibly complete and well written.

Refer to this (incomplete installation, sorry) picture

Adjustments:

Cold pressure.
Brian sends the WUR cold pressure preset - but sometimes an adjustment is in order.
CIS test gauge is needed for this setting:
Tighten the 10mm hex nut to raise the COLD control pressure
This is the nut you see at the bottom of the WUR - no nut on stock 930 WUR.

Warm pressure.
Up to operating temperature, 5-10 minutes.
Tighten/loosen the 4mm allen screw on the bottom of the WUR to raise the warm/lower CP. 4mm screw is acessible through the threaded hole in the circular stainless insert on the bottom of the WUR.

Full throttle enrichment pressure.
You will need a MItyVac pressure/vac pump to accomplish this.
Pressurize the WUR to the expected ouput of the turbo - ie 1 bar or 14.5 psi. Striking the insert or pulling will raise/lower the pressure.

Enrichment threshold.
Point at which the WUR lowers the control pressure.
3 set screw on the bottom of the WUR.
Incease = tighten, Decrease = loosen. Do not tighten too much, or coil bind may occur.
Apply Loctite.
------
Not a replacement for EFi for sure. The ignition hasn't even been addressed.
But for many this is the only viable option, and it does quite a good job.

The good thing is the way Brian Leask designed this setup - if it fails it goes to stock, standard, midrange-rich mode.

Last edited by Craig 930 RS; 03-01-2007 at 08:38 AM..
Old 03-01-2007, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)