View Single Post
Heavy Metal Relocator

Garage
JP,

Mmmm.....I said nothing about fitment on a 930. And yes, I do get it about the Lindseys. Old wheel look, new diameter and width. Easy enough.

My point was only demonstrate that there are options out there (late OEM Porsche wheels) that MAYBE some folks are not aware of. I guess you missed that point as well. (There are others that read these posts....but you probably missed that point as well.)

Now (for your benefit) I will add something to the discussion:

"What tires and wheels are you using with the Lindseys, and what are the actual offsets available to those who are interested? Considering Porsche has been using 19's for several years now, why not go to that diameter and cut your unsprung weight even more?"

Excuse my presence here. Again, another rear-motor (Porsche purist) offended by a minor comment from a (not necessarily 928 only) Porsche enthusiast.

My 997 wheels may look ghetto to you, but when I can give a C-6 Vette a severe run for his money (at Texas World Speedway this past month) with a 27 year old, broke motor 928, I'll keep the 19's. Have a nice day.

regards---rhjames

Bill Maher 8/4/09--- "I'll show you Obama's birth certificate, when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma."
Old 03-02-2007, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)