View Single Post
Heavy Metal Relocator

Garage
Bonjour!

Congrats on your turbo setup--very nice.

The variable vane turbo's are the coming thing---we've been using them in diesel truck engines for some years now. Flatter torque curve, improved fuel mileage, and yes, they do make more hp. Contrary to what others have said, diesels make a huge amount of exhaust heat. The more the better, just as long as you properly cool the intake charge.

As for the headers, the are many arguments for and against. You can jet-hot coat and thermal wrap your pipes to take advantage of the heat content that turbo'd engines live for. Removing the heat is a bad idea.

You might go to the 928 thread, and check out Herr-Kuhn's 32V and 16V (928) posts to see what turbo's and electronics he is using. He is still under development on the 32V setup, but is showing great promise. You might notice that his headers, although tubular, are very short and not equal length, I suspect more to space limitations than anything.

regards---rhjames

Bill Maher 8/4/09--- "I'll show you Obama's birth certificate, when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma."
Old 03-02-2007, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)