View Single Post
Heavy Metal Relocator

Garage
Thanks for the education on the Lindseys. I have friends with 944s that would be interested in the wheels, as you say--retaining the OEM look but a more modern wheel/tire. I run DE now and again, with plenty of Carrera's with Fuchs and such that the owners are constantly complaining about. No traction and the tires just roll over (on their sidewalls in the curves), so when they see me sticking like glue after my tire/wheel upgrade, the questions come my way.

Interesting, we did the same sort of thing back in the '70s with Mopar rallye wheels for drag cars, varying offsets for different axle widths, trying to get the biggest set of slicks under the factory fenderwells.

Same with me on the BBS wheels.....just too many varieties out there now to pick from.

Perhaps your buddy at Lindsey could make a 3 piece setup that incorporated a Fuchs center section that was bolted to the rim sections (as opposed to welded), that way the rim variations (width, offset, diameter) could be quite numerous?

It seems you don't have quite the fender limitations like the 928 (maybe you do?), so you might be able to go as big as say, 19x10 on the front and 19x11 on the rear?

That would be one big steamroller-sticky tire-d setup.

Disclaimer:

I don't pretend to know a damn thing about the Carrera line, but I am learning, so be patient with me. If there is something I can take to my 928, short of putting the motor in the trunk, that's my interest.

regards---rhjames

Bill Maher 8/4/09--- "I'll show you Obama's birth certificate, when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma."
Old 03-02-2007, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)