View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
My thought is: If I plan to run a 3.2 intake as I do, then won't I have already port matched the 3.3 heads out close to 41mm? Sure by porting the 3.3 head out to 41 we can make the port hopefully more efficient than a as cast 3.2 head. BUT the head porter says the 3.2 already flows too well on the intake side for the exhaust flow potential.

Can't we get the exh to flow adequately to balance this? He says with custom valves HE CAN, but still doesn't feel I should. He's also against the 3.2 intake because of volume and doesn't love big IC's. So I want more opinions if possible. He seems to run against most of the modern grain on Rennlist and here for an EFI turbo engine.

Let me restate: I only meant "downgrade" flow with the fact that I own 3.2 heads and not 3.3 heads. I realize the RR alloy of these and 993 are more heat tolerant but a few guys have made the 3.2's work in much harsher conditions than I'll ever put them through. Did NOT mean to sound offense to the 930 guys

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/LukeSportsman
Old 03-03-2007, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)