View Single Post

Hi, I just found the system on Ebay. I dispatched an email to the seller but if you could give me more info on it that would be great.

I'm new to turbocharging Porsches but not new to turbocharging. That being said I would like to know the specifics about the turbocharger and wastegate. What size is the compressor wheel? What A/R is the exhaust housing? What size is the wastegate? It appears to be an HKS wastegate, but I'm not 100% positive. Can you clarify this detail?

The motor this would be going toward is a 3.2 from the late 80s. Will these parts bolt directly up? How difficult do you think it would be to install this setup? I've developed competency with wrenches as I have a turbocharged vehicle of my own which has had two sets of turbos bail.

Will any other modifcations be necessary? Fuel for instance? I guess I should give more detail about the 911 it's going into. It is a 3.2L and is 100% bone stock. The transmission is a 915, will this be able to survive under the stresses of turbocharging? I assume a new clutch will be needed to survive at the new power level, can you make any recommendations?

Please excuse my ignorance, like I said I'm new to the world of Porsche turbocharging and wanted to know exactly what I would be getting into before I took the leap. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)