View Single Post

Garage
Surprising I have never noticed the lag, it comes on plenty quick with the K27. A lot may have to do with the fact I have short gears and the engine pulls good even off boost. My old 3.0 setup had an old Rayjay boosting at 8lbs that didn't spool till about 3500rpm but it still was a thrill ride at close to 350hp.
Look at Clewetts car, I am told his car is very fast, and he has engineered long runs also.

I built my car for the street as a fun project, and never got carried away with maximizing the performance to perfection. But i must say the system I cobbed together works really well, better than I could ever imagined. With this new engine it might be down right scary till i get used to it.

Spring appears a long ways away after the blizzard we had the other day. So the maiden test drive is still a ways away. The car should be close to being finished in a few months, the body shop is getting ready to put the final top coat on it soon.

914 6 Turbo twinplug 3.12
87 924S
Lexus SC400
Lexus LS400

Last edited by iamchappy; 03-03-2007 at 06:49 PM..
Old 03-03-2007, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)