View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Luke,
The 3.2 heads are some of the best flowing air cooled heads Porsche ever produced. If you are putting this engine in a 2400 lb car, I wouldn't even worry about the torque you are sacrificing. The weight loss will more than offset.
My understanding about the 3.2 heads is they only need a little cleaning up on the exhaust port. A LOT less work to get them optimized than a set of 930 heads.
As mentioned early on, the 930 heads are special alloy heads that retain less heat than to NA heads. But I think the 993TT heads use the same alloy as the 993 NA heads, so that theory may be mute. Porsche was very much in the experimental phase of turbo applications back then. There are a lot of people running the 3.2 heads out there putting out prodigious amounts of HP.
Just match the head work, cams and turbo to your output goals and you will have one awesome rocket!
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 03-04-2007 at 06:10 AM..
Old 03-04-2007, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)