Thread: 993TT headers?
View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
James,

If I were to repurchase today, I would go GT2560R (GT28R). I think these might be the hot ticket for quick spool and still head room for 600hp. They are the same chassis as the GT28RS and could be easily swapped later since turbos are a WEAR item. I was timid at the time because I hadn't planned to drop compression so I went small. I also got the dry housing so I wouldn't have to be concerned with water issue. Since, I've bought 91-92 P&C for a good deal. PM if your interested in a lead on them.

Make that a big clearance in the oil tank as turbos would function as nice oil preheaters. I'd be careful in any decrease in oil volume too with the added stress without the turbos oiling system. I'm debating on a C2 pump in the 3.2 to make sure oil flow is sufficient. It might prove a thousand dollars in vane, but/though not cheap insurance......I'd hate to find out otherwise.

The 993TT HE's have small collectors that certainly are not "Burns" fashion with only 1.5" orifice. If you get into a T3 size hot side, it might reduce velocity. I'd personally stay with a small/mid chassis with T25 flanges.

It's been discussed here before, but I'd still contemplate a low pressure minimal flow water circulation system to secure the BB's on shut down. Something simple from a boat, 944 or SC Ford. Use Al plumbing and it ought to radiate enough heat to not require a resovoir of any real volume. 5lbs including water.

Ben is the pipeline to fabricate some nice TIG'd sump plates with feedlines integrated into the Al design...might take a look, very clean versus a tapped pipe fitting.

Merv, how you liking the Spec Clutch now that's she broke in?
Old 03-06-2007, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)