View Single Post

Porsche Crest 930 Value

pavulon

You stated,

"Looking at blk/blk <10K mile stock '89 930. Owner asking $66K. Can the Excellence market value somehow be extrapolated to such a car?"

I've owned my 79 930 since 99 with 57K miles and have driven over 120K additional miles myself. I own to drive. A low mileage 930 will only retain its value as long as it remains a LOW mileage 930.

As Craig 930 RS said, "What's it worth to you?" I agree the $66K is above the norm, but so is the car you are describing. If you are just looking at $$$ Gary R brings up a great comparison of vehicle option. Yes, the 993TT can run circles around the 930.... no question. But it depends on what your intentions are with the vehicle.

The vehicle in question will only retain a high premium as long as you do not drive it. I, on the other hand, I drive Porsches....and when they get tired, I have them rebuilt.

Yes there were many 930s built, however...most were destroyed in the first few weeks of purchase or have been very abused. So, assuming the blk/blk 89 930 in question has been well cared for and properly documented with only $10K original miles....I do feel that is quite rare.

Well, if a 930 is what you are after...than a 993TT will never do. They are completely different cars. Personally, I would drive it regardless if it had 10K or 100K miles. I am approaching 180K miles on mine and just did a full rebuilt.

Wonderful car it is. And in all my years of ownership....never once an issue with CIS. CIS only becomes an issue if you want over 400 bhp.

In the latter part of 2006, I made extensive updates to the once factory 930. Many may not agree with my decisions....but I am really enjoying the car. When you purchase yours....you should do the same. It's not all about bhp...make them light...it's about power to weight.

Yes, that red car was once my 79 930. Now I made a 74 RSR/IROC with all 930 running gear including factory I/C all under the duck-tail. Do the math...under 2700 lbs.....and un-corked 930 power. Not too shabby. Make them "LIGHT" and let them "BREATH".

Lastly....in my opinion...the only thing going for an 89 is the 5 spd. I perfer the 78/79. Non catalyst vehicles...soon to be smog exempt....lighter....less creature comforts.

Just remember...
If that car "TALKS" to you...and it's "THE ONE", buy it, enjoy it.....DRIVE IT. I do....and I never look back!

Best of luck Pavulon in your search!

Paul
Old 03-06-2007, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)