View Single Post

Garage
Noah930... good point..

I guess it was the fact that I bought the car from a dealer.. I mean do you ever feel you get a great deal from a dealer?????

... had I dealt with a P-guy who was selling his baby and he showed me all the prior paperwork and I got to see how she was kept in a garage and all the other subtle nuances of someone who really cared for the car I would have had no compunction to spend the money...

.... as the car was taken in as a trade for an Audi and knowing the kind of deal the the dealership cuts... ( they had raped me on a Suburban trade-in for a new X-3 a year earlier) I had doubts...

Do I feel that way now nah... I am very happy with the car.

When I see '99 996 cabs going for $28-38K at Manhiem's auction I think to myself what an investment the 930 has been ... a car that has appreciation potential, distinguished pedigree and an absolute joy to drive...

BTW I recently sold the 986... you know I paid $58k for that car in the spring of 1999 and sold it for $23k ...huge loss on that one...( though I did better than most).. it had 35k miles on it.. The person who bought the car said to me
... you know you are asking a premium for the car... my comeback was I have present you the history, you see how it was cared for, you see my other cars and how they are kept ....you know you are getting the best of whats out there....he agreed and signed his check..

Long story here..sorry for that... just remember that if you are dealing with the original owner or someone who has had the car for a long while you can generally tell if you are getting a good deal...not so when you have no real background on the prior owner as was my case with the dealership... heck I tried to get the sales man to give me the prior owners name and number... this is a guy I have bought other new cars from...and you know what.. he wouldn't give the info to me......I know it was a stretch because then i could have asked what he got on the trade in.... then I really would have known how good a deal it was.....

again sorry for the long wind....

2014 X3 2.8 white
"What goes around comes around..."
Old 03-09-2007, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)