View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig 930 RS
Andy, I'd say so far you have a good mind set for what these pups need.
Thanks! I got almost all of it from right here on this board.

I also think I know about enough to be dangerous, which is why I appreciate the sanity checks...

Quote:
I'd add: don't be swamped by "boost increase fever", remember that each .10 bar is only 15-22 hp and honestly...you for all intents and purposes can't feel that difference, but your motor will.
Yeh, I was somewhat tempted by a suggestion to run a programmable EBC and use higher boost in the mid-range, tapering off towards the top.

But if twin-plugging makes little or no discernible difference to a 3.0 or 3.3 motor that isn't on-the-edge, then why bother?

Quote:
I'd stop at .9 bar with your setup, 8.0:1, and optimized CIS (as it looks like you are doing).
I'd always run a blend of pump and race gas even on the street. FWIW, I do with my car.
I'll leave it at .8 bar, keep some margin. The whole question of twin-plugging was really prompted by "does it make sense to do the (relatively cheap) machining while the heads are sitting on the bench anyway".

Some time ago, I found this discussion of toluene as an octane-booster very interesting:

http://members.rennlist.com/951_racerx/RocketFuelFAQ.html

(links to more octane booster tests/information on the level above).

Cheers,

Andy
Old 03-09-2007, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)