View Single Post

rennsportsystems.com has good info about that and you can get parts from Steve, who runs that shop. He also answers questions.

A standard set up he and others recommend is 22mm in the front and 29mm in the back for mostly street, or 30mm for track and street. The website has a chart.

My car needs a little more, like 31mm, because I am running short gears and some extra horsepower, causing the car to squat. But my short gears have a lot to do with that. I am looking into that now.

You want to have your shocks match your torsion ratings, and this is done by valving the shocks to match your bars. You can order them that way from the start, at rennsport, and probably other places as well.

If 29 or 30mm torsion in the rear does not do it for you, you could always try the coils later for a little extra. But get the shocks to match your initial set up and you will go a long way to preventing common mismatch problems.

Use only high quality torsion bars if you are going with hollow bars, don't just get cheap ones.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)