View Single Post

1st Real Driving Experience in 930

Well, I could'nt take it anymore. It was too nice outside today (Full Sun & 68)

I bought my 930 at the beginning of December. It's been sitting in the garage ever since (I've heard it calling my name).

My brother came by today to see it for the first time. He wanted to hear it run, but would'nt ya know 3+ months of sitting killed the battery. So I charged up the battery a few minutes so I could get it started. It fired right up. Naturally, I had to take the car out and run it to make sure the battery was up. It also needed some fresh fuel. (any excuse to drive it is good at this point,...it's been here for like 3 months and I've never driven it!)

So I hit the on ramp to the interstate, hit the gas and VaaaWooomph. I was pressed into the seat, and the car just wanted to keep going. Pretty cool!

The car is remarkably tight (only 43,000 miles). No squeeks, or rattles. Motor ran like a sewing machine, and the steering is perfect.

My only gripe is the shifter. The throws seem a bit long, and it felt like I was stirring a bucket of thick paint with a paint stick when I shifted gears. Although after a while either it loosened up, or I just got used to it, or better at it.

Woooo Hoooo! the fun begins

Last edited by moochie; 03-10-2007 at 02:31 PM..
Old 03-10-2007, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)