View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
The only downside I think of quickly is WEIGHT. Stock 26 solid with coil over adapters plus coils will weigh more than 31 hollow.

As I typed a few other issues: Corner balancing might be trickier since you'll have more locations for adjustment.

Note: If you wish to lower the car or keep it where its at, you'll STILL need to REINDEX the TB's down first. How far will you do this before preloading the coils? How do you determine how much load for the TB's before you load the coils? Do you get linear or multi rate coils? And who's going to tune the shocks?

Cost is another issue since you won't be able to sell off the 26's and you'll still have to buy more things. I was never completely convinced of this concept when JC Whitney sold them for a bandaid fix on old cars. JMHO, it may work out great.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)