View Single Post

What are you trying to achieve exactly in terms of handling results? If you are REALLY close already with your 26mm tosion bar, and feel that you need to fine tune it with a fancy shock than go ahead. Other than that, you are taking what seems to be a really complicated approach, in my opinion.

930's are meant to run torsion bars. To do a full coil over, you usually add a roll cage for support or weld and strengthen strut areas or somehow tie the whole suspension together so as not to strain your car by running a suspension on top of your car instead of underneath. It is an all or nothing approach.

If you want a street and light track set up, than get the torsion bar you need. And if it isn't quite enough you can always get a little more bounce with a shock with coils on top. But to use stiff coils and a light torsion bar is a mismatch as far as I can tell. You are essentially running two suspensions at that point, as alluded to earlier by Lukesportman. Yet you are compromising both systems by sort of going half way with each.

Strictly in my humble opinion, you need to talk to somebody like Steve at Rennsport or Stephen at Imagine Auto, or Pat at Pat Williams Racing, or just about anyone who is knowledgable at this stuff. They will get you the right parts, not some cheap tosion bar, or mismatched and overpriced shock set up. They will also custom valve your shocks if needed.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)