View Single Post

Garage
Hello DRV2FST, I wonder have you dyno'd your engine? After mods, and especially when upgrading boost it is only way to be sure everything works. If you have dyno results, how much? Your'e car sounds like a very nice thing

RarlyL8 u have some nice Strosek parts in your car ), for the tyres, rahter than getting wider (I do have 3 sets of wheels fro my 911 Ruf Turbo (see easily through www below) to have one set for slicks, one set for sports tyres (like Michelin Pilot Sport 2), one set for semislicks, which I prefer almost always: 245-35-18 front and 295-30-18 or 315-30-18 rear.
I've used different brand semislicks (for instance Michelin Cup's, Dunlop Super Sport Races, now probably testing few sets of Toyo R888 this summer) and already when changing many years ago to semi's in regular sizes (235-40-18 front, 265-35-18 rear) I felt the big difference:
-when you have strong side panels in your tyres, you can drive with very light pressures and correct temperatures (especially if your car is very light) with the results of tyres crabbing tarmac like glue.
-they are very ok and usable in everyday driving even here in Finland, so why not there?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)