View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Blaylock
If recollection serves, the DPOs are true platinums, not just silly coated electrode standard cheapo plugs.

I've had the ceramic part of the plug come loose to the point of falling out of the metal housing on several NGK plugs, and one even sheared the hex part that the socket fits over from the threaded part. That was a joy to get out of the head blindly with a very large easy out down the bore of the plug body.

Air cooled boosted Porsche engines are a pretty rough environment compared to some engines, and in the long run you usually get what you pay for.

One way to feel good perhaps is if you don't need to buy 12 of them (twin plug)....
Funny! But this was more what I was looking for. Good Post!

iamchappy - Good link

I'm wondering now about how running a slightly hotter plug like WydRyd W4CS or the Bosch FR6DTC (from iamchappy's link) mentioned would affect the overall performance. Cause it would give a more complete burn so would that actually increase performance a little, wouldn't it?

EDIT: Also, would the gap have to be adjusted to account for the hotter plug?

Last edited by wcc; 03-15-2007 at 05:31 AM..
Old 03-15-2007, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)