View Single Post

I took everything that attached to the smog pump and of course the pump (top of first pic) including all the air and vacum lines off mine. Also, regarding the switch that you are holding in the picture, one is for smog it can go, the other one stays, not sure which one you are holding, but when you follow the air lines you will see. Just take your time and follow all of the lines. There was one I had to plug in the center under the intake, you'll see what I mean when you start following the air and vacum lines. I also disconnected the O2 and removed the cat. Installed euro muffler. Car runs so much better, and best of all, all of the heat that is generated by the cat is now gone. After many discussions on this board, I run my CO at 3% around town, then when I take trips I set it at 2%. Car runs very good.

Very easy to get to the drivers side upper and lower valve covers with engine in the car to adjust valves. I can't imagine doing it with all that smog on it...

Tim.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)