View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by jwmarc
Ok ... so now that you are removing the smog air pump system and associated diverter valves and hoses ... will you be removing the metal air distribution manifold that feeds the exhaust cylinders? and if so have you gotten the appropriate plugs for this... BTW to remove the air manifold you have to drop your headers to get to the driver side connections.....

I am going through the same process with trying to decide if I take all the extra time to pull all the stuff out...

Good luck.
Yeah, well sort of. I removed all those things you mentioned. I'm going to plug the part that goes to the CAT. As for the injection part, it was cut right before the split and capped off. When I get around to doing the headers and such, then I'll remove the rest of it. But it's fine for now.

Thanks to Wayne (Oh Haha), he was a huge help today. Today we actually did the valve adj. We did it the backside method, which was kinda neat. I had to have the mark just past the other mark to make the .0025 feeler go. If it wasn't in the exact right spot it wouldn't even fit.

All I have to do now is put it all back together.

I do have another question if you guys are up to it. After I removed all that stuff on the left side I was left with a wire, the O2 wire. But it wasn't plugged in. Maybe I unplugged accidently.

So, where does the O2 sensor hook up?

EDIT: Ok nevermind, I found out where the O2 sensor went. I must have unplugged it accidently when pulling on all that emmissions stuff over there.

Last edited by wcc; 03-19-2007 at 05:34 AM..
Old 03-17-2007, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)