View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
Quote:
Originally posted by Garen
Wow. Nice project. How tough was it to install the SRP bar w/o removing the tank? I pulled the tank when I did mine. Seemed like it was easier to align the bar that way.
-Garen (87 930 CS)
The only scary part was hopeing the red loctite held the bolts from turning on the left side as there was no way to get a wrench on them if they did. Other than that I assembled the inner sleeve/bolts, slid it over into position with a long screwdriver taped to a bolt. Once close to the hole I fed it into it's holes from inside the wheel well and just left all bolts loose (both sides) for bearing install and alignment. Bar turns with minimal resistance, all is well! The tank removal (which is chock full of course) would have added several hours to the job and with my luck SOMETHING would have snapped..

It is SO nice assembling when all the parts are right. The Wevo Camber King went in in 5 minutes, shocks, ball joints, A-Arms.. Only thing i'm not sure of and don't see in the manual is an initial setting for A-Arm angle. I set mine angled down 10 degrees (with arm pressure pushing up to the stop) and the adjusters in the middle position. Not that it's hard to change but I just want it "rollable" as it's going to the shop for height/alignment/corner balance when i'm done. How about the rear trailing arms?

Last edited by GaryR; 03-18-2007 at 05:59 AM..
Old 03-18-2007, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)