View Single Post
Me like track days

Huge rear torsions only = drifter car with huge imbalance F to R.
Notice how the chart show you a higher rear spring rate equals 'less understeer'?

Large rear torsions + 150 lb helpers make the car a TON easier to drive. Feels like a much lighter car - kinda like my old SC track car.
Do yourself a favor, and if it sees track duty, do it right the first time.
A squatty, rolly, high powered 930 isn't much fun at the track.

What about tires? BFG KD.

Decent brake pads & Motul 600 fluid- for track use

Sell the K27-7200. K27 HF is so much better.
--------------------
125 shifter did provide you with good advice per the below:

"If you really want to stick with torsion bars, I think 23/30 will give too much understeer. If you don't want to go as stiff as Craig recommends, I'd suggest 22/31 or 23/33.

I also give a vote for Elephant Racings bushings and monoballs over regular Urethane.

For shocks, I'd have yours rebuilt and revalved or go with some custom valved new Bilsteins (assuming you don't want to spend for really good shocks).

A bigger intercooler is a good idea and Blown Six seem to be making some good stuff after a few fitment teething problems.

I guess a lambda sensor can't hurt, but I'd want dyno tuning first."
-----------

350 - This whole thing depends on what you want from the car, what you can stand on the street,
whether you take advice from folks that have 'been there', and what your budget is.
You've told us $9,000. don't mind a stiff street ride, and you will take it to the track.
So, consequently I recommend a setup similar to mine - which works astoundingly well - not a regret, easy(ier) to drive, and very rewarding car to own all around. Take on GT3s with relative ease at lapping days ;-)

Last edited by Craig 930 RS; 03-18-2007 at 07:56 AM..
Old 03-18-2007, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)