View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to RoundelRider
Damn dude...........been leaking a while??

One trick to pulling seals is to drill 2 holes in the metal part of the seal, screw a small wood/self tapping screw into the hole and work it out. DONT HIT THE SHAFT or your screwed..........so to speak!

Id say its the trans seal leaking. There dosent appear to have a bunch of oil around the engine main seal, and the trans seal almost looks saturated. Also look on your clutch parts and flywheel. The leaky seal may have left oil streaks from it getting flung toward the outside.

I didnt replace my engine main seal.........didnt have the special tools and it wasnt leaking, aint broke didnt fix it. I did replace the 3 seals on the back of the trans and used "engineered methods" Ive leard from expirence to get the seals in as I didnt have a choice.

Ive used sockets, ratchet extensions, drift punch, coffee mugs (for larger seals) and my trusty, crusty small hammer. Ill wipe the sealing part of the seal with some vaseline or grease to help it slide better.

Have fun and Good Luck!

Last edited by RoundelRider; 03-19-2007 at 05:45 PM..
Old 03-19-2007, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)