View Single Post
Driver

Garage
Carfax warning: I recently ran one on my '87 (out of curiosity). The Carfax did not go back prior to 1999. It has no records for the 12 years between '87 and '99. I did the California DMV search recommended by Grady Clay. Unfortunately, Carfax must also rely on DMV data, which shows no record of my car, despite the fact that I have documentation that the car was sold in CA, and lived out its first decade (roughly) in the Golden State.

Ro Chee, other places you can try for info: see if your DMV offers some sort of search feature. Some states have that. But, as you can see from my experience, the utility will depend on if the records have been purged (as they have been in CA). Also, if you know where the car was serviced (i.e. which Porsche dealership), you might be able to ask the dealership to print out any maintenance record/history they might have.

Like others have posted, if you want some guidance as to pricing value to your new car (congrats), you'll have to give us some idea what you've got. A 930 can run anywhere from $20K on up to $50-60K depending on condition, mileage, authenticity, etc. On the other hand, someone just posted this past week on how their boss scored a 930 for $13K.

Last edited by Noah930; 03-25-2007 at 06:18 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)