View Single Post

Garage
air injection manifold.. remove???

Ok I am tackling my 930 ...doing a valve adjust...boy what a pain ..talk about having to remove allot of stuff to get cleanly at the valves. The waste gate was a bear because of frozen nuts......anyway I removed the air pump and filter assembly, the air control solenoids, the left and right air valves and associated small and large diameter vac lines all the way to what I believe are the secondary valves outside the engine compartment , these valves connect to the air manifold that feeds the exhaust cylinders and the Cat line..

the big question is can I leave the secondary valves blocked off???? and leave the air manifold , and CAT line attached... are they one way valves based on positive pressure?

I dont want to remove the heat exchangers and piping to get at the manifold where it enters the exhaust.

Also what is the trick with getting the turbo inlet pipe out ...can it be pulled up into the engine compartment and out that way or are you supposed to drop from below and feed up??

Thanks as always.
2014 X3 2.8 white
"What goes around comes around..."
Old 03-25-2007, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)