Thread: 930 vs 993
View Single Post

My friend has a mint 97 C2S and when I first drove it, it felt like a great, very fast , good handling, hard core sports car. Now after I bought my 930, the 993 (while still just as great a car) feels like a refined grand touring auto. Nothing wrong with that, just an illustration of how different they are

The 993 is beautiful, refined, comfortable, easier to drive, smoother handling, has better HVAC, has antilock brakes, has power steering, has a better gearbox, has cruise control, has a better sound system, is quieter, rides smoother and is a great sports car.

The 930 is, ruggedly handsome, raw, nasty, frightening to drive, smells like unburnt fuel, needs some muscle to steer, harder to drive, shifts like my John Deere...BUT she does leave a lasting impression on all that meet her..... a pure sports car.

Comfort and "relatively" exciting = 993

Excitement and "relatively" comfortable = 930

It's all about what you seek
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 03-25-2007, 09:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)