View Single Post

Unhappy The little yellow box

So I am driving down the expwy at about 75 MPH and I notice that the small boost gauge on the tack is past the 1.0 bar level yet my 3" VDO boost gauge shows nothing abnormal. Up to that point it had been working fine. I had been driving about 2 hours. I decided to push the throttle and the 3" boost gauge starts to move then the ignition shuts off. I let off of the gas, back to cruise, and everything is fine again. Factory boost gauge still is pegged. At my off ramp I let off of the gas and the engine ignition shuts off.

Now it wont start. I change out all of the red and black relays nothing. Engine turns over but it wont start. I tap the little yellow box (left side engine compartment), clean off the terminals etc. nothing.

I finally get the car home (yes i had it towed). leave it for a few hours and presto it starts right up. Now the little boost gauge is at .5 boost at idle but only when I start the engine. The big 3" boost shows nothing under 2500 rpm and begins to climb at about 2800. This reading is normal for my car.

Any suggestion on the cause of this problem? I have another yellow relay on order. But I am thinking I might need to look at something else?

thanks,

steve M.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)