View Single Post

Full Throttle & Stumble on Shut Down

Just finished up a Valve adj with Wayne (Oh Haha) and removed the emissions stuff. Capping off and plugging what was left.

It starts right up but now it idles high, so we adjusted the idle adjustment screw.

But I still have a few burning questions cause it still isn't just quite right. I know, I know I'm picky!

So my issues now are:
1)It feels like the gas pedal isn't adjusted correctly cause it feels like there is a very short dead spot right at the top. In other words I have to push the pedal down just a touch before the engine registers anything.
First off where would I make the adjustment? At the trans, at that connector above the trans mount, or at the engine?
Secondly, how or where do I look to make sure the car is at full throttle?

2)Now when I shut down the engine it doesn't shut right down. It stumbles down. It takes a few revolutions before it actually stops. What would cause this? Timing off?

Lastly, just out of curiousity, would taking off the emissions stuff cause some of these problems? I wouldn't think so, but that's all that has changed and I wasn't having any of these problems before.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)