View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 930gt-40r
Now I have to share this story and please no one laugh. I was changing out the old heat exchangers off of the car I just recently sold, I Pb blasted everything etc etc. The barrels all came off thankfully, so Im down to the last 2 and i partially loosened them to try to move the heat exchangers loose- they wouldnt budge so I thought the were just stuck to the heads. Like a dumba$$, i get under there and drop the last 2 barrel nuts and about 3 seconds after the last one was out BANG! The origonal 50 lbs. + exchangers landed on my head and it hurt bad. It was total havoc as the drop light blew up at the same time from being crushed.
Try not to fall out of your chairs laughing because I still do from time to time.
Don't feel like you're the only one this stuff happens to. But, I'd like to take this opportunity to make a strong suggestion about those pesky drop lights. Get rid of them, and find a good flourescent or LED type light. In my line of work, I had the sad opportunity to see a guy lose his life-long collection of ultra rare, and virtually priceless vintage Porsche and VW parts from a fire that resulted from a drop light that burst and ignited a pan of oil under a car he was working on. He barely made it out himself, and it took thousands of gallons of water to extinguish the many magnesium blocks and cases, vintage upholstery and seats, NLA vintage tires and the partially and completely restored personal and customer cars.

It was a real bummer that was hard to believe could have been caused by something seemingly so benign.

Be careful out there guys....
Bullet Racing #22 GT3 Cup
Old 03-26-2007, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)