View Single Post

Garage
I went through the hole gamut to determine type of plugs.. the W3DPO were I think an extravagance. Though when I removed them the electrode design was not typical...rather than spark top to bottom they spark from the side....

I decided on just a little hotter spark plug from Bosch... W4CS.

I got the car back together through out the day.... had some difficulty with the IC and the new rubber sealing rings...

So here is a question .... there are two vacuum lines on the distributor ..one is the advance and the other is for the air injection and went to the control solenoids... I took the later and connected it back into the throttle body vacuum lines that went to the air control valves so that the entire vacuum route loops back on itself ( except that the one line terminates to the distributor) Should this distributor line just be blocked off???..

The car started fine!!! Very loud without the muffler !! duh what did I expect.

I suspect that if the distributor line is getting vacuum from the throttle housing it might effect timing under load ( the other vacuum line providing timing advance) .... I haven't driven the car yet as I am awaiting the muffler...

All in all it was very satisfying... tough to work in such confined space... dropping the motor and trans wont be such a big deal the next go around .....
2014 X3 2.8 white
"What goes around comes around..."
Old 03-30-2007, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)