View Single Post

Garage
I hooked it up to the tach purple/black wire. using electrical connectors (the same size and type as on the back of the tack, I built a'Y' cable that allowed me to hook in without splicing any wires. I then ran the wire into the cockpit. I also found a 1 inch pluged behind the drivers seat that leads into the cabin, so I wired the O2 sensor through there. Total of about 30 mins of work tie wrapping the wire and splicing into the tach signal. Not too bad considering this is temporary.

The RPM signal was noisy though..but I have to figure that part out still, it's late and I had a final hockey game tonight (couldn't miss that!).

Pics? I guess I could get some, it is a temporary install, as I am just using it for testing. I thought more of getting some log data on here (I guess both are in order)
So I need ot set the idle mixture without the O2 sensor connected.. got it. I will do that tomorrow AM.

At first glance when I saw 9 on the meter.. That is not good for the anything, so I'll have better data tomorrow. I think I'll leave the O2 sensor disconnected altogether tomorrow and tune it.. then reconnect it afterwards. THIS IS FUN. I'm a sick puppy, I know.
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 03-30-2007, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)